Not Eligible For Membership of Committee of Management:
No person shall be eligible for membership of the Committee of Management of a co-operative society if:
• He is below 16 years old (or below 12 years old if it’s a school co-op);
• He is not a Singapore citizen or resident in Singapore, subject to the Registrar’s approval;
• He is an undischarged bankrupt;
• He has been convicted of an offence involving fraud or dishonesty
• 5-year disqualification period applicable for non-credit co-ops
• No time bar for credit co-ops;
• He has been convicted of an offence under the Co-operative Societies Act;
• He has been dismissed as an employee of a co-operative society;
• He has been found to have previously misused or mismanaged the funds of a co-operative society; and
• He has previously been removed by the Registrar from the committee of management of any co-operative society, or suspended by the Registrar.
The above information is found at: MCCY, How to set up a co-operative society.
Applicants may contact us, the Singapore National Co-operative Federation to seek assistance, and support, on how to set up a co-operative society.